Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spit-up Be Gone


As you can see from the picture, Mason has a spit-up problem. He pukes buckets all day long. It makes me feel so bad. We go through about 4 bibs and burp cloths a day and my carpets and clothing get drenched. It's gross. Well, no more. I was told that milk and dairy products could be the cause and if I stop consuming those types of things the spitting up would stop. Unfortunately for me it worked. I haven't had any uncooked dairy products for about 5 days now and Mason didn't spit up yesterday or today. It's awesome that he doesn't spit up so much, but I just love dairy. It's going to be hard to go a month without, but I can do it. It's only until November then Mason will be 6 months and I am going to stop nursing.
I'm only going to stop, because I want LASIK and I have to be nursing free for 90 days before I can get a consult and I have to have the procedure done before my Flex spending account goes away in March. Yes, it's selfish, but at least I made it to 6 months. That's a lot better then I thought I would do.

5 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Who knew babies could make so much spit-up, huh. Well, you made it longer than I did on the breastfeeding, so don't feel too bad about it. He's alive and looks like he's happy, so that's all that matters. Cute picture, cute kid. See ya later.

http://jojofam.blogspot.com

{irene} said...

he is a doll!..it was so nice to see you guys the other day!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I am glad you got to the route of the problem. I think dairy in the mom's diet causes a lot of problems, which is so lame. I would have a super hard time cutting it out as well. And don't beat yourself up. Just being pregnant, birthing and raising a child is the most unselfish thing you can do. And just because you quit nursing doesn't make you a bad mom.

It was so good to see you last weekend. You look great and your son is adorable. Hopefully it won't be as long until we get to hang out again!

Heather said...

hey, 6 months is great! nothing to squawk at - i only did it for like 3! i have vowed to try harder with baby #2. i am glad you figured out what was causing the spit up!

Jaime said...

It's not selfish & your a great mom!